What is a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)?
Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is an independent assessment carried out by an experienced Physiotherapist to determine an injured person’s capacity to do certain tasks. These tasks can be things we do on a daily basis or tasks to return to work after being injured in a motor vehicle accident, work place injury or even post surgery.
FCE Assessment Process
A Functional Capacity Assessment can include tests such as:
- Strength testing
- Range of motion testing
- Flexibility testing
- Comprehensive musculoskeletal examination
- Manual Handling Assessment: Includes a range of lifting tasks depending on the injured person’s employment
Manual Handling Assessment
Benefits of a Functional Capacity Evalution: Report
Completion of a FCE is recommended when:
- Information is required about a worker’s functional abilities that is not available otherwise
- The assessment and report assists your medical team – your GP, specialist in determining same return to work duties
- The assessment and report also assists your employer and return to work coordinator in developing safe and suitable return to work duties
Do you need assistance with your injury? Experienced Physiotherapists with essential knowledge. You can call us anytime to have a confidential discussion with our expert Physiotherapists. For more information on how we can further assist you, please call our clinic number on 0479 080 800 or send us an email on [email protected] for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.