Physiotherapy After a Car Accident - CTP Claims
Physiotherapy After a Car Accident (CTP Claims):
Car accidents can happen any time and can cause a lot of headache and grief due to a whiplash injury. Physiotherapy treatment after your car accident is covered under CTP insurance (compulsory third party insurance). Physiotherapy after having a car accident is crucial and can prevent long term pain and other complications.
Please note, approval from your insurance company is required. You will also need to visit a GP after your accident who will assess you and make recommendations.
Not all symptoms will appear immediately after the accident, some symptoms and pains can develop a few days after the accident has taken place. The body often goes into “protection mode” for safety to prevent further damage after an accident. Once the body starts to relax, the pain will will become more apparent.
What to do after first:
- Visit your doctor as soon as possible
- Contact your CTP insurance provider within 28 days
- Fill our paper work
- Your doctor will also need to fill out a form
- Receive claim number from your CTP insurance provider
Symptoms to look out for:
- Whiplash: neck pain, upper back pain, shoulder pain, pain which travels down towards your shoulders, headaches, nerve pain: numbness, pins and needles or burning sensations
- Other pains after car accident: back pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, pain over your ribs
- Pain (This may not be immediate and can develop even weeks after the car accident)
- Frequent headaches or migraines
- Prolonged fatigue and giddiness
- Tingling sensation in the upper part of the body
- Reduced movement in the neck
- Continuous pain in the head, neck, or shoulders
- With your claim number, your first Physiotherapy session is automatically approved
- After your first session, your Physiotherapist will provide a report to your CTP insurer and organise further approval for treatment
- Don't stress - talk to your experienced Physiotherapist
Do I have to pay for treatment?
- No you don't
- Once your CTP claim is approved, we can directly bill the insurance company and there will no out of pocket expense for you
What you need to provide us with:
- Claim number from your insurance company required
- Approval letter or email for Physiotherapy from the insurance company
- Contact Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta. We will assist you with pain management and get you back on track as soon as possible.
For more information on how we can further assist you after you have had a car accident, please call our clinic number on 0479 080 800 or send us an email on [email protected] for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.