Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
At Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta we offer orthopedic and neurologic rehabilitation for a wide range of motor vehicle accident claims. We are a well-regarded provider of rehabilitation services, and we treat all patients with the same exceptional care regardless of their motor vehicle accident claim.
Motor Vehicle Accident Claims at Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta
All patients attending our clinic receive one-on-one care with a highly skilled registered Physiotherapists (no support staff), in private treatment rooms, and with full access to our comprehensive selection of treatment modalities including manual therapy, exercise therapy, electrotherapy and, dry needling.
We have the expertise to rehabilitate a wide range of motor vehicle accident injuries including common orthopedic conditions such as whiplash and back strains, as well as accident-specific joint, muscle, ligament, tendon, spine and bone conditions. In addition to offering orthopedic rehabilitation, our clinic also offers neurologic rehabilitation for cases of more severe nerve damage or brain injury. We can also provide car accident rehabilitation in the comfort of your home if warranted and approved by the insurer.
Coming to Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta for your motor vehicle accident rehabilitation is easy. We complete and submit all necessary insurance forms on your behalf, and we bill your insurance company directly. Our goal is make your car accident related rehabilitation fast, convenient, and complete. The first thing you need to do after your motor vehicle accident is see your GP, contact your insurer and make an appointment with us.
HOW DO MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT INJURY CLAIMS WORK?
- Inform your car insurance provider of the accident and any injuries that you have sustained. Regardless of who was at fault for the accident, your insurance provider is responsible for making health and rehabilitation services available to you. If you were a passenger or were outside of a vehicle at the time of your accident, your claim will instead be processed by the driver’s insurance company. Once you have a motor vehicle accident injury claim initiated with the relevant insurance provider we can take care of the rest.
- Call us to book an initial assessment. In your initial session your Registered Physiotherapist will examine your car accident related injuries, discuss with you a treatment plan, begin therapy, and collect all the necessary information to fill out and submit the relevant paperwork to the insurer.
- Come to our clinic for follow-up treatment sessions. Follow-up appointments will be booked to fit your schedule. These appointments will incorporate a wide range of therapeutic modalities as appropriate and may include hands on therapy and exercise.
- Focus on getting better. We will work on your behalf to manage all reporting and documentation required to continue your claim, and to ensure that you get the necessary treatment you need.
WHIPLASH ASSOCIATED DISORDERS
Neck injuries and related disorders caused by motor vehicle accidents are classified as whiplash-associated disorders are graded on a scale of I – IV (with IV being the worst). Grade I-III whiplash injuries are treated through Physiotherapy and patient education. Over-the-counter muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatories can also be beneficial for some patients.
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents, and accordingly, it is also one of the most common MVA insurance injury claims.
Whiplash can also be one of the more challenging injuries to treat. Success rates are very high, but a small subgroup of patients that appear outwardly ‘typical’, do not recover in a timely manner, instead experiencing prolonged or even chronic pain and disability. See our post: “Why Whiplash Treatment Can Fail”.
How can I increase my chance of whiplash treatment success?
- Keep active in your daily life, and continue working if possible.
- Keep optimistic about your recovery.
- With the help of your Physiotherapist, set realistic expectations about your outcome, and discuss your progress and symptoms at every visit.
- Request a multi-modal Physiotherapy program that includes exercise therapy, patient education, and hands-on treatment as well as other therapies where appropriate.
- Establish a home-exercise therapy program with your Physiotherapist and stick with it.
Read to make a booking? For more information on how we can further assist you, please call our clinic number on 0479 080 800 or send us an email on admin [email protected] for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specializing in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.