Your Local Physio in Parramatta
Visit our Location
12 Ada St, Harris Park 2150
Send us a Message
[email protected]
Opening Hours
Mon - Fri: 8 am - 7 pm

I was a pedestrian hit by a car, what should I do?

Mobile Physio Parramatta
Mobile Physio for WorkCover and CTP Claims

With increasing reliance on mobile phones and smart devices, it is become increasingly common to see pedestrians fixated to their screens while walking. Walking is starting to become a high-risk activity for both pedestrians as well as drivers. So if you were a pedestrian hit by a car, what should you do?

If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident – a pedestrian hit by a car, you may be eligible to receive medical treatment under CTP Insurance of the vehicle that caused the accident.

There are certain steps you need to take after the accident:

1.     You need to call the Police and report the accident immediately. You should obtain a Police event number.

2.     You should go to the hospital or your general practitioner (GP) and obtain treatment for any injuries you have sustained. Make sure your GP or the hospital records how your accident occurred and records all the injuries you have sustained, even those injuries that might seem minor at the time. If you went to the hospital first, you may need to consult your GP who will provide you with an “Accident Notification Form” or a medical certificate. You will need this form to lodge your CTP claim.

3. If because of the car accident you need time off work or payment for medical treatment, you need to submit an Application for Personal Injury Benefits form.

4. You will need certain details before you can lodge your CTP Claim:

  • The details of the vehicle that hit you (to identify the CTP insurer)
  • Police event number
  • Medical certificate from your GP (Filled by your GP)
  • Personal injury benefits form (Filled by you)

5. It is best to submit your claim as soon as possible. To receive lost wages, you must submit your claim within 28 days of the accident.

7. Once your claim has been accepted, the insurer will issue you with a claim number. You can provide this claim number to a Physiotherapist who will assist you with your injury and provide rehabilitation services.

Contact Us:

Do you need assistance with your injury? Experienced Physiotherapists with essential knowledge. You can call us anytime to have a confidential discussion with our expert Physiotherapists. For more information on how we can further assist you, please call our clinic number on 0479 080 800  or send us an email on [email protected] for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.

Physiotherapists in Parramatta
Physiotherapists in Parramatta

Book an appointment

Work injury Treatment

NDIS Physio Parramatta

Car Accident Physiotherapy

Physiotherapy After A Car Accident

Ergonomic Chairs

Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

Home Care Physiotherapy

NDIS Physio Parramatta

Ergonomic Chairs

Workplace Injury and Rehabilitation

Workplace Accidents

Work injury Treatment

Book an appointment

NDIS Physiotherapy Treatment