Occupational Health Services
Occupational Health Services Parramatta
Our dedicated occupational health clinic offers comprehensive health services to support the health and wellbeing of the Parramatta workforce. Our services include:
- Pre employment assessment
- Functional Assessment
- Return to work assessments
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Corporate Physiotherapy Services
- Workplace Injury Rehabilitation
Occupational health services refer to a range of healthcare services and programs provided to employees in the workplace to promote and maintain their health, safety, and well-being. These services are typically offered by healthcare professionals who specialize in occupational health, such as occupational health physicians, nurses, and Physiotherapists.
Here are some common components of what a Physiotherapist can do in a occupational health services:
- Health Surveillance: This involves regular monitoring of employees’ health to identify and manage any work-related health risks or conditions. It may include medical examinations, health assessments, and biological monitoring.
- Workplace Hazard Assessments: Occupational health professionals evaluate the workplace to identify potential health hazards, such as exposure to chemicals, noise, radiation, ergonomic risks, or physical hazards. They help develop strategies to control or eliminate these risks.
- Injury and Illness Management: Occupational health services assist in managing work-related injuries and illnesses, including providing initial treatment, referring employees for specialized care, and facilitating the return-to-work process.
- Health Promotion and Education: Occupational health programs often include initiatives to promote healthy lifestyles, preventive measures, and education on workplace hazards. These may involve training sessions, workshops, or campaigns to raise awareness and foster a culture of safety.
- Vaccinations and Immunizations: Occupational health services may provide vaccinations and immunizations to protect employees from occupational hazards, such as exposure to certain diseases or biological agents.
- Rehabilitation and Return-to-Work Programs: If an employee experiences a prolonged absence due to injury or illness, occupational health professionals may develop rehabilitation plans and coordinate the return-to-work process, ensuring a smooth transition and appropriate accommodations if needed.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP): EAPs offer confidential counselling and support services to employees for personal and work-related issues that may impact their well-being and job performance.
These services aim to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, promote a safe and healthy work environment, and support the overall well-being of employees. By addressing health and safety concerns in the workplace, occupational health services contribute to the productivity and success of organizations while safeguarding the welfare of their workforce.
Do you need assistance with your Physiotherapy treatment? Experienced team of Physiotherapists with essential knowledge. You can call us anytime to have a confidential discussion with our expert Physiotherapists. For more information on how we can further assist you, please call our clinic number on 0479 080 800 or send us an email on [email protected] for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.