Motor Vehicle Accidents And Physiotherapy
Due to the shock of a motor vehicle accident, pain and other symptoms aren’t always felt immediately. It may present 24-72 hours following the accident. Even a low impact motor vehicle accidents can result in pain.
Common areas affected after a motor vehicle accident:
- Neck pain (Whiplash)
- Lower back
- Pain can occur anywhere throughout the body following a motor vehicle accident. This can be due to direct impact from the accident or it can also present as muscular fatigue and sensitivity which affects the entire body
- Symptoms can also depend on the individuals age, previous history of injuries and general health.
- A doctor may or may not recommend further scans depending on the type of motor vehicle accident and the symptoms a patient presents with
- Pain may increase with various activities, like work, exercise, sleeping, sitting or participating in your hobbies
Other symptoms which may occur after a motor vehicle accident:
- Loss of movement
- Pins and needles or burning sensations
- Disturbed sleep
Mental Health after a motor vehicle accident
- Stress is also common after an accident, particularly when being in a car again.
- It is important to address this if present, to avoid long-term anxiety-related issues.
- Where able, monitor any memory loss, concentration impairment, nervousness or irritability, sleep disturbances, fatigue or feelings of depression.
- Early intervention from a Physiotherapist is important to address these injuries, guide your recovery process and help prevent the risk of long-term damage.
- With treatment, most patients make a full recover
- The difference in recovery times is highly dependent upon the severity of the injury, the ability to access regular physiotherapy and activity of daily living requirements (work and home).
- It is especially important to address whiplash injury early, as symptoms still experienced by the 3 month (post-accident) mark can often become chronic.
- Physiotherapists promote recovery through manual therapy for pain relief, education on management at home and work, and advice on appropriate exercises to encourage movement and strength.
- Being in an accident can take a financial toll in terms of covering medical expenses and time off work.
- In NSW, individuals involved in a motor vehicle accident are encouraged to lodge a CTP claim
- CTP claims will cover the cost of your treatment and lost wages
Contact us today on 0479 080 800 to make a booking. Alternatively you can email us on [email protected]. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back to full function.
See other pages related to Car Accidents and CTP Claims