Work Cover Physiotherapy Treatment Guide
Your Guide to Work Cover Physiotherapy Treatment
Work Cover supports injured workers and promotes workplace health and safety across NSW. Injuries at work can occur suddenly, such as a slip or fall, or slowly over time with repetitive strain on an area of the body. If you are injured at work, make a claim through your employer, and the Workers Compensation Board. Once you have been issued with a claim number, we can start your Physiotherapy assessment and treatment in our Parramatta clinic. There are no out of pocket costs associated with your treatment as long as your claim has been approved. Don’t worry about the nitty gritty, we will take care of all the approvals. Our main concern is getting you back at your pre injury levels and back to work.
Workplace injuries are a common problem. We offer programs that provide workplace injury rehabilitation, work site assessments, and prevention ergonomic assessments and advice.
What are the benefits of Physiotherapy for your work injury?
We focus on an active injury approach to restoring function and return to work. Whether your workplace injury has occurred from an accident or from overuse, you will find us programs helpful to:
- Relieve Your Pain
- Strengthen & Flexibility
- Improve Your Functional Abilities
- Coordinate Your Return To Work
- Provide Ergonomic Advice
- Provide Workplace Injury Prevention
Who are we?
We are an experienced team of health professionals who are passionate about getting you back to your pre injury duties. This includes:
- Providing you with evidence based Physiotherapy treatment
- Using an active exercise based approach
- Hands on therapy where required
How are we different?
- We look at the bigger picture and work closely with local Parramatta based doctors and specialists who can provide you with the correct guidance regarding your injury
- We also work closely with Exercise Physiologists and Psychologists to ensure all aspects of your health are being looked after
Work Injury Process:
- Employee sustains an injury at work.
- Employee visits their Doctor, is issued medical certificate and seeks treatment.
- Employee completes a compensation application.
- Employer lodges report.
- Employer develops a recovery plan.
- Employee lodges claim and receives an answer within 20 working days.
- Employer can liaise with Work Cover for complex claims.
- Insurer and employer work with the employee on return to work plan.
- Claim finalised and the employee can return to work.
Working with your Physiotherapist:
Physiotherapy appointments are covered by Work Cover insurance. This means you can access your local Physiotherapist for no out-of-pocket expense. Your Physiotherapist plays an important role in assessing your injury, prescribing treatment and helping you to comfortably return back to work.
Physiotherapy is an important part of recovering from physical workplace injuries.
Injury treatment and management advice:
- Help to manage and understand your symptoms.
- Guidance to stay well and prevent further injury.
Modifying tasks for work:
- Help to adjust your necessary work movements to actions with less pain and strain.
- Identifying and treating underlying problems.
Exercise and equipment prescription:
- Aid and accelerate recovery.
- Help you to return to work in a stronger state.
Visit your Physiotherapist for treatment
If you have a Work Cover claim and require physiotherapy, visit NDPE for quality care and support. We can help you to return to work stronger and healthier, and effectively treat your injury for long term recovery. Book your appointment today.
Do you need assistance with your injury? Experienced Physiotherapists with essential knowledge. You can call us anytime to have a confidential discussion with our expert Physiotherapists. For more information on how we can further assist you, please call our clinic number on 0479 080 800 or send us an email on [email protected] for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.