Seeking Treatment After a Car Accident
Early intervention following a car accident promotes recovery from injuries. Initial treatments are meant to relieve pain and prevent aggravating injuries and do not directly address and treat damaged soft tissues and other underlying problems.
No matter how minor the injury may seem, seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Generally, injuries can have a different impact on each body part. The type of therapy needed and period of recovery may depend on the affected body part and the severity of the injury. Through proper diagnosis and personalised treatment, you can live a pain-free life and regain mobility.
Seeking immediate medical attention is also essential in avoiding long-term health-related consequences. Getting a professional health evaluation helps identify injuries you are not aware of, which may likely get serious without treatment.
Seeking Treatment After a Car Accident: What do after a car accident:
- Visit your doctor as soon as possible
- Contact your CTP insurance provider within 28 days
- Fill our paper work
- Your doctor will also need to fill out a form
- Receive claim number from your CTP insurance provider
How to receive Physiotherapy treatment
- With your claim number, your first Physiotherapy session is automatically approved
- After your first session, we will provide a report to your CTP insurer and up to 8 sessions of Physiotherapy may be approved
Do I have to pay for treatment?
If you have a claim number, we will bill the insurer directly and there will no out of pocket expense for you.
- Valid claim number from your insurance company required
- Approval letter or email for Physiotherapy from the insurance company
- Contact Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta. We will assist you with pain management and get you back on track as soon as possible.
For more information on how we can further assist you after you have had a car accident, please call our clinic number on 0479 080 800 or send us an email on [email protected] for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specializing in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.