Recovery After a Car Accident
See your doctor:
- It’s also important to remember that after the accident, you should always consult your doctor. Even if you think that your injuries are minor, a professional will give you a proper exam and help you with recovery plans and execution.
- Depending on your injury, your doctor may send you for further scans to ensure there is no internal damage such as fractures or internal bleeds.
- Your doctor also may refer you to see a specialist.
- Regardless of the severity of the injury, your doctor will send you to start Physiotherapy early
How long does it take to heal after a motor vehicle accident?
- Recovery time after a motor vehicle accident varies person to person. It depends on what part of the body is affected, it also depends on the severity of the injury and how quickly your body copes with it. The time can take from a couple of weeks to a few months.
- There are other factors which can vary your recovery time, such as your general health and how quickly after the accident you got help and treatment. Your lifestyle, age, and how much time off work you’ve got to heal also play a role.
Use ice and heat
- Even if you didn’t sustain serious injuries, your muscles often feel sore after a car accident because of the impact, stress, and tension.
- Use ice on the sore or injured body parts to control pain and reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Use heat over tight and spasmed muscles
- Your doctor may prescribe you pain medication to assist you with your symptoms
- Can help speed up the process and lower the risk of chronic ailments later on
- Hands on therapy is important after a motor vehicle accident
- This can include stretches, massage, joint mobilisations, strengthening exercises
Steps to take after your motor vehicle accident:
- Exchange details with the vehicles involved in the accident
- See you Doctor as soon as possible after your motor vehicle accident
- Contact CTP Insurer of the vehicle mostly at fault. If you don’t know who the insurer is, contact CTP Assist.
- Once claim number is issued, make a booking with your Physiotherapist
Do I have to pay for treatment?
If you have a claim number, we will bill the insurer directly for Physiotherapy services and there will no out of pocket expense.
- Valid claim number from your insurance company required
- Approval letter or email for Physiotherapy from the insurance company
- Contact Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta. We will assist you with pain management and get you back on track as soon as possible.
For more information on how we can further assist you after you have had a car accident, please call our clinic number on 0479 080 800 or send us an email on [email protected] for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.