Physiotherapy After A Car Accident
Physiotherapy After A Car Accident: Were you recently involved in a motor vehicle accident?
You could have been the driver or the passenger and you may be suffering from ‘whiplash’. Whiplash is overstretching of soft tissues in the neck and upper back region. Symptoms can be immediate and in some cases can develop days after the initial accident. Symptoms can include acute neck pain, tenderness over the neck muscles, neck and upper back stiffness, difficulty sleeping, difficulty working on a computer, uncomfortable to sit for a given time. Hence why it is important to receive Physiotherapy after a car accident.
Physiotherapy can help reduce pain, improve strength, balance, mobility and overall fitness.
Early Physiotherapy Intervention
Early Physiotherapy intervention is important after a car accident and can assist by:
- Reducing time off work
- Promotes prompt recovery
- Physiotherapy can provide reassurance, advice and education on symptom management
- Advice on exercise and activity to best manage injury
- Restore range of motion and strength to neck
What to expect when you visit a Physiotherapist
Visiting a Physiotherapist after a car accident is generally a pleasant experience. A physical assessment is carried out which involves checking joint range of movement and strength. Assessment findings are discussed with the patient to develop a suitable treatment plan to meet the individual’s goals.
What to do after a car accident:
- Visit your doctor as soon as possible
- Contact your CTP insurance provider within 28 days
- Fill our paper work
- Your doctor will also need to fill out a form
- Receive claim number from your CTP insurance provider
How to receive Physiotherapy treatment
- With your claim number, your first Physiotherapy session is automatically approved
- After your first session, we will provide a report to your CTP insurer and up to 8 sessions of Physiotherapy may be approved
Do I have to pay for treatment?
If you have a claim number, we will bill the insurer directly and there will no out of pocket expense for you.
- Valid claim number from your insurance company required
- Approval letter or email for Physiotherapy from the insurance company
- Contact Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta. We will assist you with pain management and get you back on track as soon as possible.
Common treatments after a car accident can include:
- Soft tissue massage
- Manual therapy
- Gentle joint mobilisations
- Taping techniques
- Education and advice
- Posture management
- Home exercises and stretches
Treatment time can vary from person to person depending on the severity of the car accident. Early diagnosis and treatment can be beneficial in reducing recovery time.
Contact us today on 0479 080 800 to make a booking. Alternatively you can email us on [email protected] Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specializing in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back to full function.