Can you see a Physiotherapist during COVID-19? September 2021 Update
Can you see a Physiotherapist during COVID-19? September 2021 Update.
Yes you can.
Are you open for face to face appointments?
Yes we are.
Can I travel outside my LGA for Physiotherapy appointments?
Yes you can.
Can I travel outside the 5 Km limit to attend Physiotherapy appointments?
Yes you can. The 5 Km limit only applies to exercise and essential shopping.
Which patients can attend?
We are seeing all types of patients and injuries. Priority is being given to:
- Any one with acute onset of pain and needs to see a Physiotherapist in Parramatta
- Work injuries (Work Cover claims)
- Motor vehicle accident injuries (CTP Claims)
- Work from home injuries (WFH Injury)
- NDIS Physiotherapy
Covid Update: September 2021
COVID-19 restrictions in Parramatta are changing (September 2021 Update). In saying that, we still need to practice excellent hygiene practices. Physiotherapy services are classified as essential services during the COVID-19 crisis.
While attending appointments:
- Masks are required to be worn (available at the clinic)
- Only patients can attend appointments
With the stay-at-home restrictions put in place to help prevent its spread of Covid, many of our patients were concerned about whether they are able to see their Physiotherapist during this time. The answer is yes, you can still see your Physiotherapist and other necessary healthcare professionals.
Physiotherapy Is an Essential Service in Parramatta
Physiotherapy care has been recognised as an essential service by the Federal and State Governments. This means our clinic is open and operating under regular office hours. We’re currently serving our patients in all capacities, helping treat various musculoskeletal complaints such as neck, back and head pain, as well as other orthopedic issues.
We are currently seeing:
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Work from home injuries
- Car accident claims (CTP Claims)
- Work injury (WorkCover claims)
- NDIS Physiotherapy (Home visits available)
Tips for Protecting Yourself and Others During Your Physiotherapy Visit
We must all do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19. When you visit us for Physiotherapy session, here are a few tips to use to ensure you keep yourself and others safe.
- Stay home if you’re sick: What may seem like the common cold could actually be mild COVID-19 symptoms. If you have a cough, fever or runny nose, or if you simply feel sick, please stay home.
- Wash your hands often: We recommend washing your hands when you arrive for your visit and before you leave, as well as after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Make sure to use soap and water and wash for at least 20 seconds.
- Take it to the elbow: Should you need to sneeze or cough, do so into your elbow if a tissue isn’t available.
- Keep an arms length distance between you and others: NSW Health recommends maintaining a distance of 1.5m or more between you and others. Respiratory droplets produced after coughing or sneezing won’t travel more than 1.5m. In the waiting room, do what you can to keep your distance from other patients.
- Get vaccinated
How Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta Is Keeping You and Our Staff Safe
At Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta, we’re doing everything we can to ensure our patients receive treatment in a safe environment. You may have seen our previous posts regarding our hygiene standards and cleaning practices. We’ve stocked up on essential cleaning and disinfectant supplies and are completing cleaning several times throughout the day. Each treatment room is cleaned between patient visits and we’re closely following all NSW Health guidelines for each cleaning procedure.
We are serious about hygiene. All equipment used is wiped down with Dettol wipes.
All surfaces in the Reception area are regularly wiped down with Dettol wipes for your safety.
Schedule an Appointment With Us Today
Are you suffering from back pain, headaches, neck pain or something else? Our team is here to help during this time. Reach out to us today.