Is Physiotherapy, massage?
Physiotherapy is not just massage
Physiotherapy is a evidence-based profession that focuses on correcting movement dysfunction. Physiotherapists may use massage techniques in treating their patients. Pain, stiffness, trigger points, muscle tension and other conditions respond well to massage, but it is one of the few tools used by Physiotherapists. Before applying any techniques, your Physiotherapist will fully assess and discuss your condition with you. They will then device a plan to treat your injury and massage may be used if appropriate for your injury. Physio therapist Parramatta.
Benefits of Physiotherapy
- Improve stiffness
- Correct muscle imbalance
- Improve posture
- Increase range-of-motion and flexibility through stretches
- Ergonomic work station setups
- Reduce pain and stiffness caused by arthritis or any other musculoskeletal conditions
- Improve muscle function
- Pain relief
- Rehabilitate patients after surgery or car accidents.
- Educate patients to prevent injury
Physiotherapists play an important role in the Australian healthcare system. Physiotherapists are involved pre and post surgery, pain management, rehabilitation, sports, work injuries, motor vehicle accidents and many more areas. Come see us at Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta and see for yourself!