Stop suffering from neck pain!
Parramatta Neck pain
What is neck pain?
Neck pain can be caused by different structures, such as the bones, facet joints or discs. Instant neck pain can arise from minor sprains or poor posture. Recovering from such an instance of neck pain can be relatively simple. But chronic pain is persistent pain that develops and persists. For this kind of pain, proper consideration and treatment is required.
Neck pain symptoms.
The most common symptoms of neck pain can include:
- Sharp pain, localised to one area
- Shooting pain in the shoulders, arms or finger
- If it spread to the head it can cause headaches as well
Neck pain major causes.
In this article, we have summed up the major causes of neck pain.
- Muscle strain: this can happen during work: when you working consistently without changing your position, jerking your neck too much during exercises or keeping your neck in a poor position while sleeping.
- Neck injury: Whiplash, for example in a car accident. Can be caused by sudden jerking of your head with force.
- Spondylosis: Ageing causes degeneration of the cervical discs and this causes pain in the neck region.
- Herniated Cervical disc: Can be caused by a traumatic injury in the past.
- Spinal Stenosis: Can be caused as a result of a long-term inflammation. The inflammation can be causes by arthritis or other conditions.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: The pain in caused swelling of the joints and bone spurs in this area.
- Fibromyalgia: This condition causes widespread pain and tenderness in the neck area. There is no cure for fibromyalgia, but the symptoms can be managed.
Neck pain treatments.
The treatment depends on the cause of the pain. But to help you out with acute neck pain or until you can see a physiotherapist, we got some easy neck stretches for you to use anywhere and anytime.
Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back to full function.