Lower Back Strain
Lower back strains
The majority of episodes of acute lower back pain are muscular in origin. While a muscle strain doesn’t sound like a serious injury, the lower back pain resulting from the strain can be surprisingly severe.
Common causes of a lower back strain:
Lower back pain from muscle strains usually is caused by any type of movement that puts undue stress on the lower back. Frequent causes include lifting a heavy object, lifting while twisting, or a sudden movement or fall.
Watch this video on lower back pain:
Lower back strain Symptoms
- Localised pain in the lower back
- Pain which does not radiate into the leg
- The lower back may be tender and painful to touch
- Pain usually comes on suddenly
- Muscle spasms
- Pain which is better when rest
- Difficulty standing up from sitting
- Difficulty with walking