Tired of hip pain?!
Parramatta, physio, hip pain
To know what causes your hip pain, we need to have a look at where you feel the pain and what kind of pain it is. Usually if the problem is with your hip itself you will feel pain inside your hip or you groin. If it’s a problem of the muscles, ligaments or tendons around the hip joint you will feel the pain more on the outside of your hip, or the upper tight or buttock.
Hip pain symptoms.
- joint pain.
- groin pain.
- loss of motion of the hip.
- swelling over the hip.
- tenderness of the hip.
- difficulty sleeping on the hip.
Hip pain major causes.
In this article, we have summed up the major causes of hip pain.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most common one, especially in people older than 50 years .
- Lower back problems: These can give shooting pain down to your hip.
- Fracture: A fracture of the neck of the femur, your thigh bone.
- Strained muscle: This is a stretched or torn ligament. Falling, twisting or getting hit can all case a sprain.
- Tendonitis: A irritated or inflamed tendon. A tendon is the band of tissue that attach the muscle to the bone and helps with the movements.
Hip pain treatments.
If the pain is too severe, the doctor may suggest to prescribe you some pain-killing medicine. Depending on the injury, he might also suggest a surgery. Other treatments that we use to relieve hip pain for mild injuries, post-surgery or after-surgery are: working on the strength of the muscles around the hip, stretches, trigger point releases, deep tissue massages. With these treatments we relieve the muscles, increasing the range of motion, decreasing the pain and strengthen your upper legs.
Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back to full function.