WorkCover Physiotherapy Treatment
Your Guide To WorkCover Physiotherapy Treatment:
Were you injured at work? Understnading Work Cover can be confusing as you may be the first person at your work place who is going through is process. In most cases your employer might not fully understand what to do in this situation either. This article explains everything you need to know about working with a Physiotherapist on your road to recovery.
What is WorkCover?
Also known an iCare. Work Cover is a Government supported insurance which supports the worker after sustaining an injury at work. If you were injured at work, WorkCover insurance covers your wages, medical costs during the time your injury. WorkCover provides assistance to get you back to your pre injury duties.
What injuries are covered under WorkCover?
- Any injury sustained while carrying out your regular work duties
- WorkCover covers injuries that occur when you are at work, during work hours.
- If you fell and hurt your ankle at work, this would be covered.
- If you fell off the ladder at home while painting the wall, you cannot claim this under WorkCover
Covered conditions include but not limited to:
- Physical Injuries. Including fractures, burns, lacerations or industrial deafness
- Progressive worsening of a pre-existing condition
- Psychiatric or mental disorders. These psychological conditions include depression and anxiety
- Diseases. Such as asbestosis
- Death due to injury or disease
WorkCover Injury Time Line:
- Employee sustains an injury at work.
- Employee visits their GP, is issued medical certificate and seeks treatment.
- Employee / Employer completes WorkCover application form
- Employer lodges report
- WorkCover issues claim number
- 8 Physiotherapy sessions pre approved with Claim Number
- Start Physiotherapy treatment
- Insurer, Employer, Employee, Physiotherapist, GP work together on return to work plan.
For more information on how we can further assist you, please call our clinic number on 0479 080 800 or send us an email on admin [email protected] for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.