Motor Vehicle Accident CTP Claims
Motor Vehicle Accident CTP Claims
At Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta we offer Orthopaedic and Neurologic rehabilitation for a wide range of car accident injuries. We are a well-regarded provider of rehabilitation services, and we treat all patients with the same exceptional care regardless of the injury.
Why choose Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta?
All patients attending our clinic receive one-on-one care with a highly skilled and experienced Physiotherapist in private treatment rooms, and with full access to our comprehensive selection of treatment modalities including manual therapy, exercise therapy, electrotherapy and dry needling.
We have the expertise to rehabilitate a wide range of car accident injuries including common Orthopaedic conditions such as whiplash and back strains, as well as accident-specific joint, muscle, ligament, tendon, spine and bone conditions. In addition to offering orthopedic rehabilitation, we also offer treatmene for neurologic rehabilitation for cases of more severe nerve damage or brain injury. We can also provide car accident rehabilitation in the comfort of your home if warranted and approved by the insurer.
Coming to Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta for your motor vehicle accident rehabilitation is easy. You will need to see your GP for some initial paper work. Once that is done, we complete and submit all necessary insurance forms and bill the insurance company directly. Our goal is make your car accident related rehabilitation fast, convenient, and complete.
How do CTP claims work?
- Inform your car insurance provider of the accident and any injuries that you have sustained. Regardless of who was at fault for the accident, your CTP insurance provider is responsible for making health and rehabilitation services available to you. If you were a passenger or were outside of a vehicle at the time of your accident, your claim will instead be processed by the driver’s CTP insurance company. Once you have a motor vehicle accident injury claim initiated with the relevant insurance provider we can take care of the rest.
- Call us to book an initial assessment. In this session your Physiotherapist will examine your car accident related injuries, discuss with you a treatment plan, begin therapy, and collect all the necessary information to fill out and submit the appropriate paperwork.
- Come to our clinic for follow-up treatment sessions. Follow-up appointments will be booked to fit your schedule. These appointments will incorporate a wide range of therapeutic modalities as appropriate, and may include manual therapy and exercises. As with all our patients, our objective is to use all of our available resources to get you better as fast as possible.
- Focus on getting better. We will work on your behalf to manage all reporting and documentation required to continue your claim, and to ensure that you get the necessary treatment you need.
Neck injuries and related disorders caused by motor vehicle accidents are classified as whiplash-associated disorders (WAD), and graded on a scale of I – IV (with IV being the worst). Grade I-III whiplash injuries are treated through physical therapy and patient education. Over-the-counter muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatories can also be beneficial for some patients.
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents, and accordingly, it is also one of the most common MVA insurance injury claims.
Whiplash can also be one of the more challenging injuries to treat. Success rates are very high, but a small subgroup of patients that appear outwardly ‘typical’, do not recover in a timely manner, instead experiencing prolonged or even chronic pain and disability.
How can I increase my chance of whiplash treatment success?
- Keep active in your daily life, and continue working if possible.
- Keep optimistic about your recovery.
- With the help of your physiotherapist, set realistic expectations about your outcome, and discuss your progress and symptoms at every visit.
- Request a multi-modal physical rehabilitation program that includes exercise therapy, patient education, and hands-on manipulation and mobilization as well as other therapies where appropriate.
- Establish a home-exercise therapy program with your physiotherapist, and stick with it.