Physiotherapy After a Car Accident / CTP Claims
Car accidents can happen any time and can cause a lot of headache and grief due to a whiplash injury. Physiotherapy treatment after your car accident may be covered under CTP insurance (compulsory third party insurance). Physiotherapy after having a car accident is crucial and can prevent long term pain and other complications.
Please note, prior approval from your insurance company is required. You will also need to visit a GP after your accident who will assess you and make recommendations.
Not all symptoms will appear immediately after the accident, some symptoms and pains can develop a few days after the accident has taken place. The body often goes into “protection mode” for safety to prevent further damage after an accident. Once the body starts to relax, the pain will will become more apparent.
What to do after a car accident:
- Visit your doctor as soon as possible
- Contact your CTP insurance provider within 28 days
- Fill our paper work
- Your doctor will also need to fill out a form
- Receive claim number from your CTP insurance provider
How to receive Physiotherapy treatment
- With your claim number, your first Physiotherapy session is automatically approved
- After your first session, we will provide a report to your CTP insurer and up to 8 sessions of Physiotherapy may be approved
Do I have to pay for treatment?
If you have a claim number, we will bill the insurer directly and there will no out of pocket expense for you.
- Valid claim number from your insurance company required
- Approval letter or email for Physiotherapy from the insurance company
- Contact Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta. We will assist you with pain management and get you back on track as soon as possible.
For more information on how we can further assist you after you have had a car accident, please call our clinic number on 0479 080 800 or send us an email on email@example.com for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.