Car Accident Physio
Physiotherapy treatment after a car accident is covered under CTP insurance. There are a few steps that need to be taken after an accident to start your claim. All motor vehicles driven in NSW must have CTP insurance to register the vehicle for driving purposes. CTP insurance covers all motor vehicles on the road: Cars, Trucks, motor bikes. Accidents involving cars and cyclists or pedestrians are also covered for treatment. You can always contact your CTP insurer for further details.
What to do at the site of the accident:
- Ensure everyone is safe
- For serious injuries, call an ambulance and the police
- Assist any injured person at the scene of the accident
What to do for non serious accidents:
- Exchange contact details and insurance details between the cars involved in the accident
- Make an appointment with your GP. Your GP will fill out a form specific to CTP claims
- Contact your insurer and provide them with this form
- Your insurer may ask you to lodge a report with the Police and provide you with a event number
- Follow guidelines from your CTP insurer regarding your claim
- Follow guidelines from your GP regarding medical treatment such as further scans, medications, Physiotherapy treatment etc
Can I get Physiotherapy treatment before my insurer approves my claim?
Yes! There is a limit of up to two sessions while your claim is being processed by the insurer. Before you can receive treatment, you need to be assessed by a GP and you need to speak with your insurer to receive approval for the sessions.
For specific information regarding your CTP coverage it is best to contact your insurer.
What happens when my insurer approves my claim?
We can continue treatment for your symptoms and we can directly invoice the insurer. This means you will not have to pay up front for your treatment.
What do I bring to my appointment?
- A current medical certificate from your GP
- An approved claim number supplied by the CTP insurer
- If your insurer has NOT approved your claim, you will have to pay for Physiotherapy services.
If you have any questions regarding CTP appointments, or you would like to book a CTP Physiotherapy appointment, ring us on 0479 080 800 or book online today! Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta can assist in treating whiplash, shoulder and lower back injuries following an incident.
Do I Have To Pay for Treatment?
No, we will bill the insurer if all of the following exists:
- Valid claim number from your insurance company
- Approval letter or email for Physiotherapy from the insurance company
Contact Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta. We will assist you with pain management and get you back on track as soon as possible.
If you’ve had a motor vehicle accident and are currently suffering from symptoms, get in touch with Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta. If you are unsure of the process or where to go, we can guide you through the process and direct you on the right path.
Call us on 0479 080 800 to make a booking. Alternatively you can email us on [email protected] Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, NDIS, DVA and Work Cover approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back to full function.