Workers Rehabilitation Parramatta
If you have been injured at work let us get you back to work as soon as possible!
We provide a variety of options from manual therapy to exercise based programs.
We work closely with your GP, Employer and in some cases a Rehab Provider will work closely with you as well. A team approach is the best way to help you medically and to get you back to work.
Physiotherapy treatment aims to help with minimising pain. In some cases a strength based program may be needed.
Work Rehabilitation will help in:
- Reduce your pain levels
- Increasing muscle strength and tone
- Upgrading work hours and tasks
- Returning you to work with less chance of a re-aggravation of injury
Work Injuries (WorkCover)
Injuries at work can occur suddenly, such as a slip or fall, or slowly over time with repetitive strain on an area of the body. Work injuries are a stressful period for those involved. Recent changes to WorkCover now allows early access to Physiotherapy services.
What to do after a work injury:
- Inform employer regarding injury as soon as possible
- Employer will lodge claim with WorkCover
- Claim number will be issued by WorkCover
- Visit your GP to rule out serious injury and to organise any further medical intervention
- Contact us to start your Physiotherapy journey
- Claim number will be required before treatment can start
- Up to 8 sessions approved with claim number
Benefits of Physiotherapy after a work injury:
- Relieve pain
- Increase strength and flexibility
- Improve functional abilities at work and home
- Co-ordinate return to work duties
- Provide Ergonomic Advice
- Provide workplace injury prevention advice
Common work injuries:
Some of the most common work injuries seen by Physiotherapists are due to over use. Overuse injuries develop when a worker repetitively overloads their body during activities such as lifting, typing, gripping. Symptoms can arise due to damage to soft tissues such as muscles or tendons. Overuse can also be related to poor working conditions and incorrect work environment setups.
Back and Neck Pain
Back and neck pain are commonly seen in office workers and also workers who have physically demanding jobs. Poor posture, inadequate muscle strength and poor work environment can contribute to back and neck pain.
Sprains and Strains
Many workers suffer ligament sprains or muscle strains. These can occur when a worker over stretches, twists or overloads a joint or some soft tissue. Soft tissue sprains and strains are common work injuries which respond well to treatment.
Work Site Assessment:
A worksite assessment can be carried out by a Physiotherapist to identify any factors that may be contributing to ongoing or a recurrent injury. If these factors can be corrected, it may lead to better recovery. Ergonomics such as correcting desk height and computer position, can make a huge difference.
Return to Work Program:
At Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta, we not only treat your work injury, but we will work with you, your GP and your employer to develop a plan to return to work. We will also design a return to work program which will involve stretches and exercises to ensure you minimise your chance of re-injury.
No, we will bill the insurer if all of the following exists:
- Valid claim number from your insurance company
- Approval letter or email for Physiotherapy from the insurance company or your employer
Contact Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta. We will assist you with pain management and get you back on track as soon as possible.