Work Injury Physiotherapy Parramatta
Work injuries are a stressful period for those involved and their families. Changes to Worker’s Compensation laws in New South Wales have allowed workers to access Physiotherapy services quicker and more efficiently to allow early treatment and a quicker return to work. Your doctor and Physiotherapist will work together in managing your injury. Early assessment and treatment is important. We will work closely with your doctor in the management of your work injury. A thorough assessment will rule out more serious injury. We aim to use a combination of medical and Physiotherapy treatments to enhance your recovery.
Before receiving Physiotherapy:
- Inform employer regarding injury
- Claim number will be issued by insurance company
- Visit your GP
- Contact your Physiotherapist
- Claim number will be required before treatment can start
Common work injuries:
- Some of the most common work injuries seen Physiotherapists are due to over use. Overuse injuries develop when a worker repetitively overloads his or her body during activities, such as lifting, typing, gripping etc. They usually involve damage to soft tissues such as muscles or tendons. They may also involve nerve irritation. Overuse can also be related to poor working conditions.
Back and Neck Pain
- Back and neck pain are commonly seen in office workers and also workers who have physical requirements in their jobs. Poor posture, inadequate muscle strength and poor work environment can contribute to back and neck pain.
Sprains and Strains
Many workers suffer ligament sprains or muscle strains. These can occur when a worker over stretches, twists or overloads a joint or some soft tissue. Soft tissue sprains and strains are common work injuries which respond well to treatment.
Work Site Assessment
A worksite assessment can be carried out by a Physiotherapist to identify any factors that may be contributing to ongoing or a recurrent injury. If these factors can be corrected, it may lead to better recovery. Ergonomics such as correcting desk height and computer position, can make a huge difference.
Return to Work Program
At Physiotherapy Professionals Parramatta, we not only treat your work injury, but we will work with you to develop a plan to return to work. We will also design a return to work program which will involve stretches and exercises to ensure you minimise your chance of re-injury.
- Increase muscle strength and tone
- Reduce pain
- Upgrading work hours and duties
- Returning you to work earlier
- Reduced risk of re-injury
- Self management techniques